With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Research of global conferences.
- Work with marketing and communications experts to develop strategies.
- Investigate media opportunities.
- Monitor relevant stories for EDF+Business workstreams.
- Synthesize complex information into social media stories.
- Provide support to marketing and communications team members.
- Demonstrated interest in marketing and communications.
- Coursework in marketing and communications.
- Highly proficient in English and social media.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be well organized, motivated, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work in a team setting and have the ability to work independently when projects are due.
- Demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills.
10 weeks during the winter/spring
21 hours/week preferred. Note: hours are flexible, but priority will be given to candidates who can dedicate a significant amount of time to the internship opportunity. Please indicate in your cover letter approximately how many hours/week you may be available for the internship.
Interested applicants should attach their cover letter and resume to the EDF application.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.