With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
Location can be New York City NY / Washington D.C. / Bentonville AR
We are a cross-cutting division within EDF that engages the business community to drive large-scale environmental change. We believe companies, communities and the environment can thrive in unison, and we’re making it happen by leveraging the power of the marketplace. For 25 years, we’ve combined cutting-edge science, economic expertise and unexpected partnerships to help high-impact companies - including Walmart, KKR and FedEx - transform business as usual in their products, operations, supply chains and advocacy.
Our world needs healthy environments and healthy businesses to truly thrive - EDF+Business is forging solutions that benefit both. For more information on our work, see www.business.edf.org and www.supplychain.edf.org.
Are you an organized planner and good project manager? Do you have an interest in marketing, communications, and basic-to-intermediate familiarity with social media and Adobe design software?
The Marketing and Communications Associate, Supply Chain will report to the EDF+Business Marketing Director and work directly with experts in EDF+Business’ Supply Chain team to assist with the implementation of a new strategic marketing initiative. The goal? Elevate the efficacy of EDF+Business’ supply chain work and help us serve as a resource hub for companies on every spectrum of the global supply chain. This, in turn, will grow EDF+Business as a thought leader in corporate sustainability, while advancing the overall mission and objectives of Environmental Defense Fund.
In short, we’re launching something new, and this is your chance to help our team build an exciting, ground-breaking initiative from the ground up. As the Marketing and Communications Associate - Supply Chain, you will cover a wide swath of marketing and communications territory, including social media, thought leadership, strategic planning, graphics creation and project management. You will also coordinate and liaise with EDF+Business Marcomm departments, Supply Chain teams, EDF digital, Creative and Programs.
The Marketing and Communications Associate, Supply Chain will be responsible for assisting the EDF+Business Supply Chain team with communications initiatives and project management. Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinating strategic planning between EDF Supply Chain programmatic experts and MarComm team.
- Graphics creation for social media, ads, blogs, webinars, conference presentations.
- Assisting with thought leadership presentation creation, scheduling and distribution.
- Scheduling and implementation of ad campaigns, social media campaigns, thought leadership roll-outs and webinar series.
- Building, maintaining and tracking electronic files, email lists, media lists, press clips, collateral, etc.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience, a Bachelors degree is preferred.
- Fluency with all social media tools and outlets (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Fluency in Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.).
- Proficiency in navigating (not coding) basic Web design software (Drupal, WordPress)
- Basic to intermediate graphic and web design skills, with an interest in learning more.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, a self-starter, able to map out a strategic plan and deliver milestones on time and on budget.
- Adaptable and flexible while working with a diverse team from varied backgrounds.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply