Marketing and Communications Brand Manager
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Brand Manager
Program/Dept: Marketing & Communications/Brand Initiatives
Location: New York, Boston, or Washington, DC
With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with offices from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
EDF seeks an eager Marketing and Communications Brand Manager to support our recently launched brand marketing initiatives.
The Marketing and Communications Brand Manager will report to the Associate Vice President of Strategic Marketing. This newly created position will strategize, oversee and project manage multi-channel brand marketing campaigns targeting a select group of influential audiences. The Brand Manager is responsible for ensuring EDF brand consistency and facilitating the smooth, productive and timely workflow for deliverables supporting our strategic branding initiatives, while ensuring seamless alignment and communication among internal and external teams.
The successful candidate will work with stakeholders at all levels and geographies of our organization to ensure brand campaigns are delivered at optimal levels of efficiency and quality. This position fills a key role within the EDF Marketing and Communications team, and is part of an aggressive effort to bring EDF brand stories to a key portion of our target audiences. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, strategic, creative and detail-oriented, with strong project management skills and the ability to juggle competing priorities and demands.
- Works with MarComm leadership to develop strategies and tactics to build awareness of EDF among specific target audiences. Helps assess and refine those strategies on an ongoing basis.
- Works with key internal stakeholders and external resources to manage brand content projects and promotions approved by EDF MarComm leadership
- Takes a lead role in aligning brand, digital, communications and creative teams to create opportunities, confirm priorities, assign resources and manage the project schedule
- Ensures brand fidelity and consistency throughout our campaigns
- Manages multiple agency and consultant/freelance relationships for brand campaigns
- Analyzes campaign results and audience dynamics/research to provide on-going creative, messaging and marketing mix recommendations
- Maintains all project documentation throughout the duration of the campaign (contracts, budgets, drafts, schedules, files, etc.) Coordinates creative briefings, execution meetings and campaign presentations when necessary. Addresses multiple deadlines and conflicting priorities effectively to ensure successful completion. Troubleshoots any roadblocks to keep projects moving
- Provide weekly, monthly status reporting regarding campaign milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risk management and issues.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual performance reports for senior leadership and key external stakeholders
- Maintain comprehensive project management documents and trackers
- Work with marketing leadership on brand budgeting and reporting
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in marketing, with a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience in marketing management
- Must have excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong initiative and resilience, with the ability to work to deadlines and maintain high levels of professionalism while managing multiple priorities
- Solid understanding and command of the principles of marketing campaign management, including digital and print processes, media placement and campaign analytics, as well as a solid working knowledge of project management tools and processes
- A passion for protecting and defending the environment a plus
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer