With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The Manager, Strategic & Diverse Partnerships is a member of the Campaign and Partnerships team of Political Affairs. Reporting to the Vice President, Political Affairs, with a dotted line to the AVP of Environmental Justice and Equity Initiatives, this position will provide leadership in developing and executing strategies to build relationships with partner organizations, including—but not limited to—civil rights, civic engagement, and community-based organizations to advance shared strategic goals regarding policies on climate change, clean energy and environmental justice and equity.
- Oversee a portfolio of diverse partner organizations. This includes cultivation of and engagement with African American community partners, and national Black civic organizations.
- Directly supervise team member, and interns or consultants; oversee budget management.
- Provide strategic input in media outreach efforts and assist with executing on communications activities; serve as a spokesperson for EDF on role-specific topics.
- Work closely with the AVP for Environmental Justice and Equity Initiatives to help advance Political Affairs and EDF’s environmental justice and equity priorities.
- Represent EDF at the Leadership Conference for Civil Rights and provide support and strategic input into EDF’s democracy work.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Bachelor’s degree and generally have at least six years of related experience including professional, voluntary, and community service related to environmental justice, civic engagement, and/or environmental policy; or an advanced degree with at least four years of related experience.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures, backgrounds, and experiences.
- Experience managing personnel and/or consultants, and project budgets.
- Experience working with NGOs and/or community-based advocacy organizations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, both independently and as a member of teams in a dynamic and creative environment.
- Ability to travel within the U.S. up to 20% of the time.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply