With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
- Serve as an EDF lobbyist and build a strong network of relationships directly with members of Congress, as well as high-level personal office staff and key committee and leadership staff, with an emphasis on members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus.
- Develop and implement strategies and plans tailored for member offices on climate related issues, such as infrastructure, public health and resilience, as well as comprehensive climate policy.
- Organize Hill briefings and events, including identifying and securing opportunities for EDF engagement.
- Coordinate across multiple environmental and energy programs to ensure Hill engagements are well coordinated and to build EDF’s brand and political influence with lawmakers.
- Collaborate effectively with EDF’s legal and regulatory team and external coalitions to advance a pro-environment agenda and block Congressional and executive branch attacks on our nation’s bedrock environmental laws.
- Work closely with strategic partners and communications to help shape our policy-related communications and messaging strategies.
- Collaborate with external organizations, including other NGOs at the federal and state level and third-party validators to advance EDF’s legislative goals. Collaborate with partner organizations and manage consultants.
- Assist with fundraising efforts, including writing high quality proposals and reports.
- 6+ years of Capitol Hill lobbying or related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of climate policy a plus.
- Familiarity with the NGO community and experience working with coalitions.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply