With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Membership CRM, Analysis & Reporting, the Manager, EDF Action Data is a senior-level contributor in all things data. This position works on complex projects with minimal supervision, uses database-query, relationship-management applications, and business-intelligence software to help EDF Action effectively mobilize its members for political action. The ideal candidate will have experience using a database-query application in an issue or electoral campaign and has worked with people with varying levels of technical background.
This role can be based remotely or out of any US EDF office location.
- Onboard, develop and manage workflows for grassroots organizing tools, such as CRMs, peer-to-peer texting, event registration and promotion
- Develop training materials, train, and support users of the Political Affairs technology stack
- Standardize approach to recording and reporting grassroots activity to support staff of EDF, EDF Action, and their affiliates
- Assess data and reporting needs for the EDF Action team
- Design, develop and regularly produce reports of membership counts, as well as phone, mail, and email lists, and create tracking records of outreach and engagement using EDF’s data and campaign management tools.
- Design and create reports providing strategic insight for the EDF Action team about EDF’s volunteer base and voter contacts.
- Analyze demographic and socioeconomic trends in membership, volunteer, and voter data and recommend measures to expand stakeholder diversity.
- Work with cross channel staff, IT, and consultants to increase the efficiency and use of the application in addressing big-data opportunities, including potential greater use and integration of voter data through VAN.
- Translate business requirements into data requirements and document processes.
- Use query tools, Salesforce reports, and Excel to conduct research into data-hygiene issues and provide requested information, reports, and explanations.
- Learn about non-profit advocacy and fundraising techniques and gain familiarity with EDF testing practices and results.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- 4-6+ years of experience working with CRM applications (EveryAction or a similar tool preferred).
- Advanced degree (Master’s, J.D., MBA, or Ph.D.) is a plus.
- Proficiency in campaign data management software including NGP/VAN, Catalist, TargetSmart or similar systems is highly preferred.
- Proven logical and organizational skills related to programming or coding. SQL experience preferred.
- Ability to address challenges with data applications by asking questions, consulting manuals, and researching online resources.
- Ability to clearly and completely express professional and/or technical information in memos, reports, and other written material.
- Proven adeptness in oral and written communication within and across organizational departments.
- Attention to detail, can-do attitude, perseverance, and desire to learn-and-work with advanced tools for segmentation, list pulls, data mining, and business-intelligence projects.
- Experience presenting complex and technical information clearly and comprehensively, both orally and in written form. Effective presentation skills in large and small groups.
- Experience with negotiating expectations with stakeholders to maintain a reasonable workload.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to address inquiries thoroughly up to moderate levels of complexity and novelty.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently when projects are due.
- Interest and/or experience in political/campaign work is preferred.
- Experience using BlueVenn, IBM Campaign (Unica), Salesforce, or Tableau a plus.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply