With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
Responsibility and Accountability:
- Work with the Director of Events Management to recommend and set an overall events strategy to cultivate, engage and retain donors and prospects
- Support frontline fundraisers for donor cultivation, stewardship and engagement events including (but not limited to) program briefings, trustee- and donor-hosted events, board meetings and others.
- Collaborate with Development and Program staff to identify opportunities for events that will advance the organizational fundraising and program agendas.
- Conduct site inspections for Board meeting destinations, including off-site meeting facilities, hotels, and venues for meals and other functions, oversee the preparation of venue cost comparison analyses and make recommendations to the Director of Events Management, Chief of Staff or Director, Board Relations, as appropriate.
- Manage pre- and on-site logistical arrangements for donor events, Board meetings and other functions with limited direction from Director of Events Management, including post-event follow-up with vendors and processing invoices as needed, with assistance from Events Team staff.
- Working with Events Team colleagues, maintain department records of individual events including attendees, copy of invitations and invited guests, agenda, seating charts, staff wrap-up notes and follow-up action.
- Coordinate the follow-up with donor managers for Development event attendees, ensuring that tools are available allowing all prospects to receive the appropriate treatment.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience
The successful candidate is:
- A creative thinker with proven ability to produce and manage multiple events at one time.
- A self-starter, detail-oriented, well organized and able to plan and execute events from conception to completion.
- Has excellent communication skills, good judgment and discretion, and the ability to successfully interact with donors, Trustees, guest speakers and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, C-Vent, and Common Ground. At times, extended work hours, weekends and travel will be required.
- Have 5 years or more event planning experience and/or a Bachelor’s Degree; experience with managing a team preferred
- Donor cultivation travel or elite travel planning experience preferred
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.