Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 1,000 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
The Environmental Defense Fund is all-in on the climate crisis, the greatest challenge of our time. Our game-changing solutions put people at the center of all we do. For more than 50 years we’ve been pioneers, using science and different perspectives to make the environment safer and healthier for us all. We are a global non-profit organization focused on creating a vital earth for everyone, focusing on three key impact areas: energy transition, safe and healthy communities, and People and Nature.
The Marketing and Communications Manager, EDF +Business plays a significant role in the success of EDF’s work with business. This position is responsible for working with the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications for EDF +Business and other team members to develop and implement strategies that draw attention to our issues and engage key stakeholders in our work; leading cross-functional teams, with an emphasis on our consumer products and sustainable agriculture work; media relations and content creation; and thought leadership.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications, EDF +Business.
As a leader on the EDF +Business Marketing and Communications team, the Marketing and Communications Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Draft and implement communications strategies for key EDF +Business initiatives to increase awareness of and drive engagement with our issues.
- Distill complex information to create compelling content for paid, owned, and earned channels.
- Lead media relations, including cultivating relationships with reporters, and creating and executing pitches that result in coverage.
- Build thought leadership of subject matter experts, including identifying and securing speaking engagements, developing talking points, and cultivating relationships with event organizers.
- Work cross-functionally with teams across the organization, including Brand, Content, and Development.
- Track and measure engagement and continuously set goals to improve reach and impact.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with EDF impact areas and communications teams.
- Participate in advancing EDF’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Manage junior staff, agencies, and consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 6 years of marketing communications experience, preferably in an agency, large corporation, or NGO.
- Track-record of success in media relations, social media, messaging and content creation, and audience segmentation.
- Proven ability to create, implement and report out on holistic marketing campaigns encompassing PR, digital and content marketing, direct marketing, social media, event marketing, and speaking engagements.
- Expert writing and editing skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to lead, manage and mentor staff and cross-functional teams.
- Independent problem-solving.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 80,000 - 89,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply