With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
Term: This is a 12 month contract position, receiving full benefits. Upon conclusion of the term, the position may convert to full time staff.
The Junior CRM Administrator is a member of the Information Technology team, and assists with the management of the Salesforce.com environment across all business functions. The Junior CRM Administrator is responsible for the daily administration and support of Salesforce database activities including user management, profiles, permission sets, licenses, page layouts, report types and ongoing data maintenance including mass imports, deduplication and troubleshooting.
- Handle basic administrative functions including user account management, profiles, roles, permission sets, license types and field security
- Manage bulk import, exports, and updates of data through data loader and other tools
- Manage ongoing data integrity and data hygiene tasks. Manage deduplication process
- Develop and maintain customized report types, reports, and dashboards
- Assist in the management of custom fields, objects, workflow rules, record types, page layouts, and third-party products
- Assist with the development and maintenance of documentation of system configuration, customization and functionality, and provide training to end users
- Work with management to identify new and creative opportunities to leverage the database to support additional business processes or functions
- Work with management to establish and implement best practices, system maintenance, security improvements, data integrity, duplicates and backups
- Troubleshoot issues within Salesforce and escalate as needed
- Keep abreast of new Salesforce features and functionality
- 2 years Salesforce experience, strong knowledge of the Salesforce platform. Salesforce Admin certification preferred
- Experience with data management, transformation, cleaning, and de-duplication
- Data governance skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving, proactive thinking and analytical skills, self-motivated, independent worker
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to learn and apply new skills quickly
- Ability to troubleshoot issues
- Committed to continuous training on the job as the environment lends itself to rapidly changing technology
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Microsoft Office proficiency, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply