With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The IT Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for acting as a liaison between EDF’s business users and technologists. This individual must develop a good understanding of both business and technology processes to be able to explain the business needs to the technology teams. Similarly, the Senior Business Analyst would credibly present technological concepts to the EDF users. He/she should be able to see and understand multivariable cause and effect scenarios within the business and identify key root causes. Additionally, the individual will lead brainstorming discussions for business problem resolution and be able to communicate complex business/technical solutions.
- Drives the requirements gathering process, determines needs and clearly articulates as simple use cases and acceptance criteria for features & enhancements
- Collaborate with project sponsors to determine project scope and vision. Ensure requirements are addressed in the order of priority.
- Ensure adherence to the business objectives learned from the requirements sessions.
- Creates process mapping for current state and future state scenarios
- Responsibilities will also include creating and maintaining documentation and process flows in line with Business Analysis best practices. The role will also involve the coordination of testing across multiple user groups and development teams to ensure the solution provided matches the business needs.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics
- Participate in solution design sessions
- Take part in new or inflight IT projects and organizational initiatives
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team
- Awareness and correct assessment of risk and exposure issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, accounting or related
- 3-5 years of Business Analysis experience in complex environments
- Skilled in project management methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, etc.
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills, including planning, organizing, and managing resources.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Smartsheet or other PM software is a strong plus
- ERP systems or software implementation experience desirable but not required
- Demonstrated ability to grasp new concepts and technologies quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative member of a team of highly skilled people, all with strong views about various technologies, frameworks, and approaches to delivery
- Excellent communications skills to both technology and non-technology users on tasks of varying levels of complexity
- Fluency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply