Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
The Internal Communications Manager, Global Human Resources serves as a strategic partner and leader in developing and executing a global Human Resources Internal Communication Strategy aimed at creating a high-performance and inclusive culture.
This role will be responsible for working with HR partners in all markets where we operate to create internal communication plans that ensure employees are informed and engaged. The position will also ensure that HR communication plans are integrated with the broader EDF internal communication plans and align with external communications plans related to HR topics, including recruitment and retention.
This is a highly-collaborative role based in the EDF internal communications team, which is part of the broader Marketing and Communications team. This role reports to the Senior Director, Internal Communications and will partner primarily with HR colleagues to support our hybrid workforce globally.
This is a remote role in Mexico or in-office in La Paz, Mexico. Must be legally able to work in Mexico.
- Serves as the primary internal communications partner for global HR internal communications, including plan development and tactical execution in consultation with the Vice President of Global HR and the SVP, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Daily work includes writing content for emails and the intranet, producing graphics and videos, and organizing events to inform and engage employees on HR topics
- Responsible for developing a communications plan that incorporates recurring campaigns, including annual enrollment and performance review, and emerging communications needs such as changes to time tracking, new cultural initiatives, hybrid work enablement, and communications support for recognition and talent development program
- Reviews all HR communications to ensure consistent global messaging on standards and practices while supporting more nuanced communications for location-specific and culturally-specific needs
- Seeks to go “beyond the basics” when recommending communications tactics, including incorporating phased approaches, multi-media, and engagement
- Investigating and exploring new technologies and collaborating with EDF’s IT team to adopt new technology applications for internal communications purposes on a global scale
- Provides communications coaching to senior HR leaders, including for live presentations and video messages
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- Ensures that the HR organization has department-specific communication vehicles aimed at sharing information across the global HR team
- Works closely with HR Senior Leadership and Marcomm on best practices for communicating information across the organization and within the HR team
- Promote an organizational culture and structure that fosters cooperation, communication, collaboration, teamwork, and trust and embraces diversity
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in communications, marketing/business, human resources, or related field
- 6+ years of proven and documented writing and editing experience
- Strong preference for experience supporting HR teams
- Comfortable with uncertainty and fast-changing priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with fluency in Spanish and English required
- Culturally sensitive and highly emotionally intelligent
- Comfortable using major communication platforms (WebEx, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.)
- Ability to apply indirect influence to achieve outcomes, including effectively persuading and professionally negotiating skills
- Demonstrated experience working in multi-cultural environments and within diverse teams and ability to translate our work to a variety of cultural contexts, additional languages a plus
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and take the initiative to suggest improvements
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Interest in EDF’s mission a plus
Please include a Resume along with a Cover Letter and/or Writing Samples in English.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 841,400 - 917,800 MXN which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply