With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Analysis of retail value chains and product categories associated with high sustainability impacts
- Interviews with members of retail merchandizing and sustainability teams to identify areas of interest in relevant product categories
- A list of potential product improvements and innovations in the targeted categories
- Follow-up meetings with merchandizing team members to gauge interest in product improvements and innovations
- Ranked list of recommended action strategies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be well organized, motivated, and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team setting and have the ability to work independently when projects are due
- Demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills.
10 weeks during the summer
Full-time (35 hours/week)
Interested applicants should attach their cover letter and resume to the EDF application.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.