With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Work content leads for deforestation, agriculture, food waste, and energy to define needed analytical and other products that highlight high-impact GHG mitigation opportunities.
- Guide the development of project outputs.
- Examines and analyzes statistical data to forecast future marketing trends. Gathers data on competitors and analyzes prices, sales and methods of marketing and distribution.
- Contributes to preparation and presentation of reports and graphic illustrations of findings
- Researches other resources and organization outside of EDF that provide valuable inputs to our research and analysis.
- Explores creative ways beyond handouts and reports to share learnings, such as animations, videos, webinars, in-person presentations, etc.
- Analytical and research Skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadline
- Ability to work in a team setting and have the ability to work independently when projects are due.
- Demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills.
10 weeks during the summer
Full-time (35 hours/week)
Interested applicants should attach their cover letter and resume to the EDF application, together with writing sample.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.