With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
Human Resources Specialist
Environmental Defense Fund is seeking a full-time, highly-motivated and hands-on Human Resources Specialist who has a solid foundation in Human Resources. The position is located in EDF’s New York office. The HR Specialist will provide HR support to the HRBP team and will play a key role in achieving EDF’s strategic goals by promoting a high performance culture, and handling day-to-day duties within Human Resources.
Key Responsibilities include
- Provide support and expertise to the Human Resources Generalists and the Senior Human Resources Business Partner.
- Ensure that all global new hires, including temps and international hires are boarded into the Workday HRIS system
- Submit payroll forms for new hires to Payroll
- Troubleshoot issues with the iCIMS (ATS) integration and Workday with HRIS and Recruiting
- Manage the employee separation calendar
- Working with the HR Generalists and Talent Development, continue to improve the onboarding process for new hires in the first 90 days of employment
- Assist with New Hire Orientation as needed
- Assist as needed with Benefits inquiries and updates
- Work with various members of the HR team on special projects
- Provide assistance to staff regarding employee relations issues, as well as interpreting and applying company policies, procedures, practices, benefits, salary changes, etc.
- Conduct research to determine the effectiveness of HR programs and provide recommendations on policies, programs, and procedures to improve human resources operations
- Utilize HRIS and applicant tracking system (i.e., Workday and iCIMS)
- Assist with other HR-related tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in a human resources department
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Positive attitude and ability to remain flexible in an evolving environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to take initiative, make decisions, multitask, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Self-starter with high energy; ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Good judgment to manage sensitive and confidential matters.
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Proficiency in Workday, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook and applicant tracking systems; iCIMS a plus
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply