With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
The Human Resources Specialist provides administrative and project support to the Human Resource Business Partners (HRBPs). The HR Specialist is based in EDF’s New York City office and reports to the Senior Director, HR Business Partner in New York.
Key Responsibilities include (but limited to):
- Provide daily general administrative support to HRBPs including special projects, communications, and other duties as needed and assigned
- Ensure proper approval of Personnel Action Forms (PAFs) and process them in a timely manner.
- Assist in responding to employee grievances.
- Manage and maintain HR policies and procedures in order to execute day-to-day operations.
- Respond to employees’ queries and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Support performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within the organization.
- Keep abreast of current EEO guidelines, employment legislation and regulations, as well as changes in the HR field.
- Working in conjunction with the HRBPs and members of the recruiting team, manage and oversee the on-boarding process of new employees including:
- Data entry to hire new employees into the Workday HRIS system
- Ensure that all new hires forms are delivered to appropriate parties within three days of hiring (HRIS, payroll, benefits)
Exits and Terminations
- Provide voluntary terminations with exit interview materials, including benefits information, key contact information and termination check-list
- Perform exit interviews for specific exits, record and relay necessary information to HRIS and appropriate HRBP
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years administrative support experience; experience in a human resources department preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Superior time management skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and proofreading skills
- Self-starter with high energy, who possesses a sense of urgency and works well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with iCIMS and Workday a plus
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply