With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
The HRIS Manager is an individual contributor within the HRIS Operations structure. This position partners with HR Directors and their clients to analyze Workday process design and flow, improve processes and leverage the return on technological capabilities. The HRIS Manager builds project plans, ensures adherence to project schedules, maintains a systems orientation and can work effectively with peers to set technology priorities and conduct long-term planning. This position also serves as a technical point-of-contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows, annual process configurations, dashboard preparation and process improvement opportunities. The HRIS Manager also supports Workday and iCIMS upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
- Develops collaborative and productive relationships with HR functional leaders, IT partners and various Operational teams to effectively prioritize and execute human resources technology needs, including the development of proper training and documentation.
- Provides production support, including configuration of annual processes, researching and resolving Workday unexpected results or process flaws; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Generates reports/queries, including writing, maintaining and supporting a variety of reports or queries utilizing advanced reporting tools. Assists in development of standard reports for ongoing business needs. Helps maintain highest degree of data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Updates and maintains business processes and condition rules.
- Performs system maintenance, including assisting in the review, testing and implementation of Workday system upgrades. Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix. Documents process and results.
- Assists users within HR as needed to enable them to more effectively utilize all HR systems.
- Supports other HR systems with troubleshooting, reporting, and maintenance as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Expert level proficiency in Workday in several functional areas (HCM, Benefits, Time and Attendance, Advanced Compensation, Payroll, Talent, Performance Management).
- Minimum 3 years Workday experience working on an HRIS team or equivalent Workday consulting.
- Expertise in report writing including calculated fields, matrix reports and composite reporting.
- Fundamental knowledge of position management as it relates to HR systems.
- Solid knowledge of HR systems structure, functions and processes.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Highly organized, exceptional attention to detail, and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and mathematical skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Visio skills
- Experience working within a Global HR environment highly desired
- Knowledge of Workday security administration desired or equivalent HCM system experience
- iCIMS experience preferred.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply