With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The HR Data Analytics Manager is responsible for providing accurate, reliable, and accessible business metrics as well as contextualizing them in operational performance with research and advanced analysis. The role will liaise with various cross-functional partners to effectively organize and distill data and present complex data in a compelling manner to an Executive audience. This position also serves as a technical point-of-contact for ad hoc reporting requests, assigned Workday functional areas, testing of system changes, report writing, annual process configurations, and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity.
The HR Data Analytics Manager reports to the Senior Director, Global HRIS and Compensation.
- Builds and delivers new analytics and reporting capabilities to support mission evaluation and operations.
- Develops collaborative and productive relationships with HR functional leaders, IT partners and various Operational teams to and execute human resources technology needs, including the development of proper training and documentation.
- Drives insights for HR Partners and Executives using dashboards, scorecards, and leveraging our data ecosystem.
- Intake business needs and apply contextual knowledge to scope data requests, synthesize insights, and recommend solutions to key business partners.
- Provides production support, including configuration of annual processes, e.g., Open Enrollment, Annual Merit, and Performance Management.
- Researches and resolves Workday unexpected results or process flaws; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Assists users as needed to enable them to utilize all HR systems more effectively.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of professional HR experience. Advanced degree may substitute for up to two years of experience.
- Expert level proficiency in Workday in several functional areas (HCM, Benefits, Time and Attendance, Advanced Compensation, Payroll, Talent, Performance Management).
- Expertise in report writing including calculated fields, matrix reports and composite reporting.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and leading priorities with poise, integrity, and the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Strong collaboration, strategic thinking, critical thinking, quantitative analytical ability, and independent problem-solving skills.
- Strong presentation creation and delivery skills.
- Demonstrate good judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive data and business issues.
- Must possess an innovative and global mentality, and the proven ability to build strong business partnerships.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Visio and Tableau experience preferred.
- iCIMS, NetSuite experience preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply