With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The Help Desk Support Associate, based in EDF’s San Francisco office, will help perform the initial assessment for support requests. They will field requests via phone and email, as well as assist with laptop imaging, deployment, and inventory.
Job location: San Francisco EDF office.
Tier-One end-user support responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide Level One support via phone, web portal, email and chat.
- Escalate and assign tickets to appropriate specialists/groups
- Laptop imaging and deployment
- Active Directory and Exchange 365 password resets
- Basic mobile device and telecom support
- Network and printer mappings
- Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
- Remote control of end user laptop or desktop for administrative services
- Application rollout support
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- High school diploma, plus technical courses or equivalent experience or B.S. Degree in Computer Sciences or related field
- Knowledge of basic computer and mobile hardware, including PC, Mac, iPhones, Androids, networking equipment, and printers
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10, macOS, iOS,
- MS Office 2016/365 Suite
- General understanding of mobile devices
- Knowledge of VOIP telephony system
- Ability to swap parts from PC, Laptop, and Servers
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and can adhere to deadlines
- Excellent written, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- 35-hour onsite work week.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply