With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
This role can be based in any EDF US office including New York City - NY, Boston - MA, Austin - TX, Washington D.C., San Francisco - CA, Raleigh - NC and Boulder - CO.
Responsible for supporting the Compensation Manager in all matters relating to compensation. The Compensation Analyst will assist in the analysis and administration of international employer compensation programs, including data management associated with compensation. They will evaluate jobs, participate in compensation surveys, and perform associated analyses.
- Provides support in the analysis, development, design, communication and implementation of global compensation including, salary structures, annual salary review process, job evaluations.
- Assist with research and review associated with expansion into new geographies
- Provide added focus/support for European/Asian offices on compensation projects (China, Indonesia)
- Liaison with Global HRBPs on total rewards set up for employees in a non-office location
- Assist with maintenance and integrity of global Salary bands
- Assist with documentation and education initiatives for international compensation components/policies
- Build and maintain a position description library for all filled and open international positions in the organization.
- Support Merit Cycle initiatives for international offices
- Keeps apprised of laws and regulations to support company compliance.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Additional projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance, Math, Accounting).
- CCP or similar certification.
- 2+ years work experience in Compensation.
- Experience with global compensation.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Very strong Excel skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Word, PowerPoint, and HRIS systems.
- Experience with Workday preferred.
- Exposure to international compensation.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient with compensation research and data analysis and external market data analysis.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage confidential data.
- Knowledge of HR-related laws and regulations (FLSA).
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply