With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The Gift Processing team processes over 200,000 gifts annually, provides support to multiple departments and performs analysis on all revenue-related data, in addition to many other tasks.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Gift Processing, the Gift Processing Associate will be required to assist with database (containing approx. 3 million records) maintenance and coordination of associated projects. S/he will also work closely with staff from Development, Membership and Finance on matters involving gift processing.
We are seeking an individual who has a strong work ethic, is flexible and a team player. The successful candidate should have fundraising software, query reporting and database systems management experience.
- Collect daily donations received by EDF and evaluate, sort, and total all donations made on a daily basis in order to create daily gift batches.
- Execute daily gift processing - receiving, verifying/identifying, entering, and batching of all types of EDF gifts. These include cash, checks, wire transfers, credit cards (including charging), outright gifts, recurring, matching gifts and others.
- Review and process mass importing of multi-donor gifts from third-party portals/platforms such as Benevity, Network for Good, Facebook, PayPal, Donor Advised Funds, etc.
- Perform adjusting entries as requested by the Membership team.
- Process gift refunds and returns.
- Prepare and mail out Major Gift receipts in a timely and precise manner.
- Oversee matching gift websites/portals.
- Create Membership campaign codes.
- Review and update demographic information in Salesforce.
- Scan supporting documentation and attach to gift records.
- Produce and or run various reports pertaining to the gift entry process for the purpose of gift entry validation.
- Assist with administrative duties as requested.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Four years of experience or college degree plus one – two years of experience.
- Familiarity with relational databases.
- Intermediate proficiency with excel (Formulas, VLOOKUP).
- Ability to learn complex data entry codes and procedures quickly.
- Previous experience working with donor databases, Salesforce experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and work well under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply