With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
The Facilities and IT Specialist position is based in EDF Europe’s London office, and will serve a very unique role to our organisation. You will report to both our IT, and Corporate Services team and will be responsible for the daily operations of the London office as well as being part of a team that provides IT support for 700+ users in 13+ international EDF locations around the world.
Environmental Defense Fund Europe is an affiliate organisation of Environmental Defense Fund, a leading international non-profit organisation that creates transformative solutions to the most serious environmental problems. Since 1967, Environmental Defense Fund has used science, economics, law and innovative private-sector partnerships to bring a new voice for practical solutions to environmental problems. Hallmarks of Environmental Defense Fund Europe’s approach include:
- Working across the political spectrum
- Presenting a positive vision
- Investing in science and data analysis
- Using legal and economics expertise to design lasting solutions
- Working with strategic partners across all sectors.
You can find full details of our programmatic goals in our European strategic plan at https://www.edf.org/forging-solutions-europe and our latest annual review is available here https://www.edf.org/sites/default/files/content/2018_EDF_Annual_Report.pdf
Established in 2016, Environmental Defense Fund Europe is a registered charity in England and Wales and a Stichting in The Netherlands. Currently headquartered in London we report to a board of trustees who oversee the functions of the charity in Europe whilst maintaining close working relations with the board and staff of EDF, headquartered in the USA.
As the Facilities and IT Specialist, you will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life. As a member of both the Client Operations, and Corporate Services team, you will play a unique, and integral part in supporting our growing office and team.
Based in our offices in central London you will be responsible for ensuring the office runs smoothly and efficiently, including overseeing and administering our office premise and facilities and our digital systems. In addition, having excellent IT abilities you will also work to support our international work as part of a global team of IT technicians, supporting over 700 users in 13+ EDF locations around the world.
IT Key Responsibilities
Together with the Global Information Technology support team located in the United States, specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- IT end user support for – London, domestically and 13+ international locations including Austin (Texas, USA,) Beijing (China,) New York (New York, USA,) San Francisco (California, USA,) Washington DC (USA.)
- Equipment deployment, configuration and maintenance including PCs, Macs, mobile devices (Android and iPhone), telephones and video conferencing units.
- Call tracking and Asset allocation and remote control end user support
- Microsoft Active Directory/Exchange account management
- Telecom and Video conferencing support (General support)
- Local network equipment support (including server room maintenance)
- System updating, testing, and maintenance
- Inventory management, recovery and e-waste
- Rotation support with United States team for 24-hour hotline support for emergency coverage
Facilities Key Responsibilities
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the Managing Director in management, administration and maintenance of the office premises.
- Review and advise on office facilities contracts, contractor relationships, securing the best quality service for our office.
- Reviewing office processes and procedures, ensuring managers and staff are familiar with these and that they are updated to maximize effective operations
- High school diploma plus technical courses, B.S. Degree in Computer Sciences or related field.
- Strong experience in a similar role or roles
- Previous experience in helpdesk case management tools, ticket and inventory tracking
- Technical ability including for example replacing and swapping parts from PC, Laptop, Servers
- Thorough and precise understanding of Windows 10, MS Office 2016 suite
- Self-motivated and can adhere to deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomatic skills: the ability to effectively liaise with colleagues in a diverse international environment.
- Flexibility to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment
- Well-organised, motivated and detail-oriented
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong support for the organisation’s environmental mission
- Understanding of LifeSize Video Conferencing equipment, iPhones, and Android devices
- Knowledge of Shoretel IP telephony system
- Experience with telecommunications systems and circuits
- Coding capability
- Fluent in other languages
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply