With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
The Executive Assistant will be a vital member of the Europe Office Team, providing critical administrative and logistical support. This position is an opportunity to contribute to the achievement of EDF’s mission while acting as an ambassador of executives with all levels of staff and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will bring a proactive, creative and thoughtful approach to making logistics run smoothly, handle communications in a timely way and with a deft touch, and have a proven ability to manage confidential information.
The Executive Assistant reports to the Executive Director of EDF, Europe.
- High-caliber executive support to the Executive Director, Europe.
- Maintain busy calendar and arrange travel for the Executive Director. Develop schedule effectively relative to the Director’s short-term needs, long-term plan and yearly goals.
- Act as assistant and manage Director’s day and maximise efficient use of Director’s time.
- Prepare Director for meetings including collecting supporting documentation and researching background information including reading and digesting lengthy reports and providing initial summaries.
- Prepare written communications and correspondence on behalf of the Director, including research as required
- Answer and screen phone calls and emails. Take messages and field questions as appropriate
- Use appropriate judgment in handling correspondence on behalf of the Director.
- Learn and keep informed about major projects and programmes; stay abreast of current affairs as they relate to the Director’s goals and strategy
Coordination, Communications and Administration
- Preparing correspondence and reports as required, including proofreading, editing, and coordinating delivery of documents and reports requiring multiple manager input.
- Organise meetings and events with internal programs or functions as well as outside organizations.
- Create and maintain administrative and relationship management systems.
- Organise, compile, and distribute Board meeting materials for board meetings, including setting deadlines for contributors, proof-reading, and formatting/design.
- Create/design data/chart-heavy PowerPoint presentations for the Executive Committee and EDF UK Board, using data provided.
- Facilitate expense reports, invoices, contracts, and other financial documents requiring approval and administration, support in budget and financial management.
- Act as a point of contact with other internal departments/programs and outside organisations.
- Working to improve operational efficiency/implement new systems including potentially impact tracking software, media monitoring.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least 4 years of work experience in fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience.
- Ability to work independently, and successfully handle and prioritize diverse, simultaneous tasks.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficiency in the use of PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong research skills.
- An ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, both independently and as a member of small teams in a dynamic and creative environment.
- Creativity, energy, and the ability to multi-task and get work done under pressure.
- Ability to juggle many tasks and deadlines and to respond quickly to changing opportunities.
- A broad understanding of environmental issues and demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse scientists and industrial stakeholders in large-scale, multi-initiative studies.
- Experience with budgeting, accounting and/or bookkeeping.
- Excellent attention-to-detail and organisation and administration skills.
- Ability and willingness to work as a strong team player, while at the same time able to work independently and as a self-starter.
- Willingness to work across different time zones where the need arises.
- An understanding of and commitment to Environmental Defense Fund Europe’s mission of protecting the natural environment and limiting humankind’s impact on the planet.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply