With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
The Executive Assistant provides senior level administrative and project support to the Chief of Staff and President’s Office in New York.
- Maintain busy calendar and arrange travel for the Chief of Staff and the President
- Develop schedule relative to executive’s short-term needs, long-term plan and goals
- Act as coordinator and manage executive’s day and maximize efficient use of time
- Prepare executive for meetings including printing documents, collecting supporting documentation and researching background information
- Keep informed about major projects; learn and stay abreast of current priorities as they relate to the executive’s goals and strategy
- Prepare written communications and correspondence on behalf of the executive, including research as required
- Answer and screen phone calls and emails. Take messages and field questions as appropriate
- Proofread, edit, and facilitate program-wide documents and reports requiring multiple manager input
- Organize meetings with internal programs as well as outside organizations
- Facilitate expense reports, invoices, contracts, and other documents requiring executive’s approval
- Log and process the President’s mail under the direction of the Senior Executive Assistant
- Update the President’s contacts in Outlook
- Order and/or pick up President’s lunch
- Assist with meal ordering/catering for meetings
- Maintain well organized and accessible electronic and paper files
- Professionally handle confidential information including administration and personnel information
- Act as liaison with other internal departments/programs and outside organizations
- Assist other Program colleagues with meetings and special projects
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- At least 4 years’ experience supporting a senior-level manager with demonstrable knowledge of impactful schedule management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and impeccable technical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Research-savvy; internet and resource proficient
- Good interpersonal skills, as this job requires frequent interaction with diverse individuals including board trustees and funders
- Ability to create strong relationships, both inside and outside the organization, and represent the program in the most effective and gracious manner
- Poised, confident, self-directed and assertive with high energy, resourcefulness, adaptability and creativity
- Intuitive, with a proactive focus on supporting the goals of the Executive Office.
- Formidable coordination ability in true partnership with executive
- Ability and maturity to manage up as well as down
- Excellent judgment and discretion
- Ability to focus, multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a rapidly moving environment
- Enjoys a team-oriented, fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture
- Knowledge of environmental issues and/or policy is a plus.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply