With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
The Executive Assistant will be a vital member of the Executive Office - Programs team, providing critical, executive-level administrative and logistical support. This position is an opportunity to contribute to the achievement of EDF’s mission while acting as an ambassador of C-level executives with all levels of staff and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will bring a proactive, creative and tactful approach to making logistics run smoothly, handle communications in a timely way and with a deft touch, and have a proven ability to manage confidential information.
The Executive Assistant reports to the Associate Vice President, Programs.
- Coordinate executive communications, including reading, researching, and routing correspondence, screening phone calls and making follow-up phone calls as needed.
- Manage calendars, negotiating and managing the needs of individuals or groups requesting time with, or information from, the executives; commit their time based on an in-depth understanding of priorities.
- Assist the executives in preparing for meetings and appointments with donors, Board Members, staff and external constituents, securing information and supporting materials from others. Ensure there are clear agendas and defined purposes to meetings, set up meeting rooms, conference calls and video conferences.
- Act as a liaison with all levels of staff and external stakeholders, sustaining a high-level of professionalism in interactions on the phone, via email and in person.
- Arrange and manage travel itineraries to ensure that time outside of the office is optimally spent toward achieving the priorities of the executives. Secure briefing materials and provide detailed logistics to ensure executives are thoroughly prepared in advance for their meetings on the road.
- Draft written products and respond to information requests.
- Complete and process expense reports and submit invoices, and follow through with internal and external stakeholders to ensure payments are received and made.
- Create and maintain administrative, file and tickler systems.
- Assist with research related to key goals of the Executive Office - Programs team, which may include attending meetings and documenting and tracking key takeaways, next steps, and resource needs.
- Provide logistical and other administrative support for the overall Executive Team, including calendaring meetings
- Serve as a member of the Executive Support team.
- Schedule regular meetings with direct reports and other key EDF staff members.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- At least 5 years of work experience supporting an executive or senior-level manager in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrable ability to get results working with a wide-range of stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communications ability.
- Poised, confident, tactful and flexible approach to communications.
- Excellent judgment and discretion.
- Ability to work independently, and successfully handle and prioritize diverse, simultaneous tasks.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficiency in the use of PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong research skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply