Environmental Defense Fund is currently seeking to hire an Executive Assistant to support our Executve Director in our San Francisco, CA office. This position involves managing a challenging calendar and extensive travel schedule, handling confidential and sensitive information, and working with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders with efficiency, tact and warmth. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize an intense workload.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage complicated and extensive domestic and international travel for the Executive Director, typically consisting of four to five trips per month.
- Expense Account Management for the Executive Director’s travel
- Calendar management: schedule phone calls and meetings, ensuring adequate preparation for each meeting including agendas and briefing materials
- Speaking engagements and invitations: Evaluate, respond and track invitations, acting as primary liaison with event planner.
- Open office mail and log, distribute, or draft replies as needed.
- Monitor Executive Director’s mail and email. Flag items requiring follow up, draft correspondence as needed, distribute to other staff members as appropriate, and monitor follow up.
- Answer phones, take messages or field/answer all routine and non-routine questions. Handle confidential and non-routine questions. Handle confidential and non-routine information.
- 7+ years’ work experience in Office Manager or Executive Assistant capacity the ideal applicant will be a highly polished, well-presented team player who is able to carry out a multitude of duties.
- The role requires adaptability, exceptional communication and team skills, and unflappable organizational ability. We need someone who can think quickly to resolve problems with exceptional customer service skills.
- Able to multi task and handle sensitive information with discretion
- Must be able to interact with all levels of senior management
- Professional, poised and sophisticated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, writing, judgment, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail as well as solid organization/time management skills
- Must be an enthusiastic, positive team player who is willing to help out, works well with colleagues and thinks/acts like an owner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Outlook for email, calendar and contacts
- Must be highly discreet and be comfortable handling highly confidential and sensitive information.
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer