With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
Climate Corps (www.edfclimatecorps.org) is a network of professionals united to advance climate solutions. This network is grounded in an innovative summer fellowship program which embeds trained graduate students in companies, cities and universities to accelerate and advance energy and climate goals. Since the program's launch in 2008, Climate Corps fellows have uncovered over $1.6 billion dollars in energy savings for participating organizations. With a network of over 2,200 professionals, Climate Corps seeks to accelerate the transition to a low-carbon energy system by inspiring and empowering leaders.
The Events Coordinator will play a key role in facilitating fellow and alumni learning opportunities and network connections throughout the year. Under the supervision of the Manager, Climate Corps, and working closely with others on the team, the Events Coordinator will coordinate all event logistics and webinars for Climate Corps, assist with alumni network management, lead fellow and host support processes and contribute to other aspects of the program as needed. Events include one large annual training event and an annual conference, regional in-person events, and year-round online webinars.
- Coordinate logistical arrangements for meetings and events including: Identifying, researching and recommending locations for events and activities, developing and overseeing invitations and guest lists, organizing catering and meeting set-ups, creating event collateral and materials and providing on-site support and coordination at large events;
- Support event content preparation by helping to identify internal and external speakers for events, coordinating speaker preparation and rehearsals for annual training, conference, and webinar series and preparing event stakeholders through clear communications and planning;
- Ensure continuous updating of Salesforce database by tracking events, webinars and alumni data and coordinating with IT as necessary;
- Organize and facilitate a webinar series using GoToWebinar and support the team in using the technology throughout the year;
- Play a key role in alumni network management by posting job opportunities weekly, communicating with alumni for network events, monitoring and contributing to a virtual community platform, editing newsletters and executing mail merges and other mass communications as needed;
- Lead an initiative that ensures strong fellow and host relationship management across the team by annually updating materials such as call guides and email templates, coordinating information gathering from the team, reminding the team of key relationship management tasks and coordinating with IT to update Salesforce trigger emails and workflows;
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 15 summer fellowships while maintaining accompanying host relationships;
- Participate in key fellowship processes including host recruiting, fellow recruitment presentations, implementation check-ins, feedback surveys and after-action reviews.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Highly organized self-starter with a passion for environmental issues and networking events;
- Experience coordinating logistics;
- Ability to oversee details with high accuracy and juggle multiple tasks in high-pressure environments;
- Strong project management skills including demonstrated ability to use independent judgement to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a highly collaborative and geographically dispersed team in a fast-paced, dynamic and professional environment;
- Ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience, and an interest in contributing to the program's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts;
- Proficiency in the use of PCs and the Microsoft Office suite of software (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Willingness to travel (~20% of the time);
Desired qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field;
- 3+ years of relevant work experience;
- Basic knowledge of the business implications of climate and energy issues;
- Experience in planning or running large events;
- Knowledge of LinkedIn, MailChimp, SharePoint, GoToWebinar and Salesforce.com.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply