With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
New York, NY preferred but flexible
EDF Climate Corps (www.edfclimatecorps.org) is a network of professionals united to advance climate solutions. This network is grounded in an innovative summer fellowship program which embeds trained graduate students in companies, cities and universities to accelerate and advance clean energy and climate goals. Since the program’s launch in 2008, EDF Climate Corps fellows have uncovered over $1.5 billion dollars in energy savings for participating organizations. With a network of over 1,700 professionals, EDF Climate Corps seeks to accelerate the transition to a low-carbon energy system by inspiring and empowering leaders.
The Events Associate is responsible for coordinating all event logistics and webinars for EDF Climate Corps, assisting with alumni network management, contributing to engagement management and other fellowship activities and supporting other aspects of the program as needed. Events include one large training event and an annual conference, regional in-person events, and year-round online webinars.
- Identify, research and recommend locations for events and activities, including conducting site visits and preparing cost analyses of venues for large events;
- Design and coordinate invitations and guest lists and develop pre- and post-event materials and reports for the team;
- Coordinate catering and meeting set-ups for events in the EDF offices and for offsite events;
- Coordinate logistical arrangements for meetings and events, both pre-event and on site;
- Work with our marketing and communications team to create invitations and other collateral for events and campaigns. Create training documents and collateral;
- Edit newsletters and coordinate mail merges and other mass communications as needed;
- Ensure continuous updating of salesforce database by tracking events, webinars, application, alumni and recruiting data and coordinating with IT for mass data uploads when necessary
- Work with EDF Climate Corps team to identify internal and external speakers for events;
- Coordinate speaker preparation and rehearsals for annual training, conference, and webinar series;
- Prepare team members, alumni, and external speakers/presenters for events through clear communications and plans;
- Coordinate a webinar series using GoToWebinar including technology and team support;
- Manage a portfolio of 5-10 fellow engagements while maintaining accompanying host relationships;
- Conduct 3-5 fellow recruitment presentations;
- Contribute to alumni network management by posting jobs weekly, communicating with alumni for network events, and supporting the Connect platform.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Highly organized and analytical self-starter with a passion for environmental issues and networking events;
- Experience coordinating logistics;
- Ability to oversee details with high accuracy and juggle multiple tasks in high-pressure environments;
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Strong project management skills including demonstrated ability to use independent judgement to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload;
- Proficiency in the use of PCs, the Microsoft Office suite of software (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a highly collaborative and geographically dispersed team in a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment;
- Willingness to travel (~20% of the time);
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- 2+ years of relevant work experience;
- Basic knowledge of the business implications of environmental issues, building energy efficiency, and climate and energy policy;
- Knowledge of LinkedIn, MailChimp, SharePoint, GoToWebinar and Salesforce.com.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply