Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Reporting to the Director of ERP Applications, you will be responsible for supporting Environmental Defense Fund’s ERP ecosystem of applications, processes, and tools that deliver accounting and financial management capabilities across the organization. The ERP ecosystem is comprised of several systems, with NetSuite and Concur being the primary applications this role will support. You will serve as an ERP subject matter expert and provide continuity in understanding and communication between the business and information technology, ensuring business processes are enabled as efficiently and effectively as possible. You will be a trusted advisor to the business leaders and functional owners who oversee the ecosystem as well as those that depend on its services. You will help ensure the ERP ecosystem continues to evolve and scale in alignment with the organization’s strategies and goals.
NetSuite (2022.1) is situated at the core of the ecosystem, and you are well-versed in its navigation and features and able to provide guidance to business users and project teams on NetSuite’s current and future capabilities (i.e., what is possible and not possible). You have a strong technical acumen paired with a clear understanding of Finance and Accounting, especially in INGO and fund accounting models. You can work independently to analyze business requirements with stakeholders, system administrators, and developers to advise on current state vs future state. You have significant experience with documenting functional and technical requirements, creating workflow diagrams, and participating in user acceptance testing. You can perform gap analysis and will aid development of an implementation roadmap for new software features / enhancements. You will use your inherent skills in troubleshooting and problem-solving to overcome organizational challenges.
- Working in the ticketing system (Zendesk) to classify, triage, and update tickets with pertinent information
- Working closely with the NetSuite and Concur administrators, business stakeholders, and 3rd party support teams to troubleshoot problems, test solutions, and resolve issues
- Partnering across the Finance, Operations, and IT teams to understand and document business processes and workflows, aligning and aiding the development of solutions to meet business needs
- Supporting new projects and enhancement requests by assisting with the development of project scope, planning, and scheduling deliverables
- Creating functional and technical business requirements documents, process design documents, as-is and to-be use cases, and workflow diagrams
- Documenting and maintaining system enhancements, implementations and automations supporting key accounting and finance functions including General Ledger, Accounting, Procure to Pay, Record to Report, Financial Close, and Consolidation
- Advising and training the organization on NetSuite processes and tools, and the future capabilities of the product
- Analyzing current business processes and leveraging business knowledge and expertise to identify opportunities for process improvements and adoption of best practices
- Supporting administrative functions in NetSuite including configuration, incident resolution, user maintenance, and upgrade and patching support
- Supporting Concur by tweaking configuration, maintaining interfaces, and/or engaging Concur support to escalate tickets and see them through resolution
- Evaluating periodic NetSuite releases and identify any areas of impact including system configuration, workflows, and business processes
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- 4+ years of Business Analyst experience, or advanced degree and 2+ years, PBA or equivalent certification preferred
- 2+ years of NetSuite implementation and/or administrative support
- Demonstrated experience developing key Business Analyst documentation, including Functional and Technical requirements specifications, business requirements, use cases, and process flow diagrams
- Excellent facilitation, verbal and written communication skills that can be used to illicit technical needs, develop and document requirements, communicate status, etc.
- High degree of technical acumen with the ability to describe complex technical processes to audiences with varying levels of technical background
- Previous experience supporting and/or working knowledge of Finance and Accounting operations, processes and procedures, and standards (GAAP, IFRS, IPSAS, etc.)
- Experience with non-profit accounting and financial practices preferred
- Experience with systems administration preferred
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 85,000 - 90,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply