With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
This role will design, develop and implement a global total rewards strategy which supports global talent attraction, retention and engagement. The incumbent will be responsible for global compensation, employee health, welfare, wellness and retirement programs of the organization.
- Ensures the success of our Total Rewards programs through analysis and insights of programs, employees, and market trends.
- Ensures that compensation programs are aligned with the overall business goals and objectives of the company in doing so, directly manages the design, implementation and administration of compensation programs including job evaluation, salary structure development and administration, and recognition programs
- Lead the development of a cost-effective health, welfare and wellness plan design that is competitive with the marketplace, and for keeping abreast of employee plans and programs developments, trends and issues and informing HR Leadership Team and senior executives thereof.
- Collaborates with and provides a consultative approach to Business Partners and relevant clients to develop and execute local compensation solutions to meet the needs of daily operations and unique business situations. Partners along with Finance during the budgeting process and throughout the year regarding benefits and retirement costs.
- Evaluate, level, and determine the market value for new and existing jobs
- Conduct ad hoc compensation analyses and projects as well as compensation benchmark assessments; actively seek market intelligence and industry-specific data to inform appropriate solutions for assigned clients
- Participates in external salary surveys, including salary survey submission and analysis of data
- Assist in creating, applying, and maintaining salary structures and hiring ranges
- Develop compensation proposals for newly promoted and newly hired employees (both executive and non-executive)
- Administer the annual merit increase, bonus, and long-term incentive program and communication for assigned clients
- Align the Performance Management process with the Compensation system so that we are appropriately differentiating and rewarding performance either financially or non-financially (growth & development).
- Organize Benefit Plan Committees, hold and lead meetings throughout the year.
- Manage existing defined contribution and defined benefit retirement plans, ensuring timely and accurate funding of plans, and developing metrics on each plan, regulatory compliance, and overseeing plan audits.
- Provide oversite of vendors with the Benefits Manager and annual renewals negotiation. Presents proposed changes and cost to Executive level. Prepares communication plan, materials and roll out of plans for the year to employees.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Human Resources, Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Accounting or Business), advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of management experience in compensation, benefits and systems.
- 5+ years of experience managing a Compensation & Benefits team
- Progressive leadership and management experience in Total Rewards design.
- International compensation experience with an understanding of geographic nuance in market data and philosophical differences
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Very strong Excel skills, including pivot tables and financial modeling
- Exceptional verbal and written presentation skills, including ability to prepare materials for audiences at all levels of the organization
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply