With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
- Document and create tracking/reporting system to manage all stewardship and gift/grant administration needs for $100K+ donors.
- Work with major and institutional gift officers to develop comprehensive stewardship plans for $100K+ donors.
- Work closely with development, program and finance staff to ensure timely and accurate gift/grant administration.
- Provide guidance and support on the development of proposals, proposal budgets, gift agreements.
- Develop, document and implement best practices for gift agreements, donor stewardship, and gift/grants administration.
- Serve as the organizational lead ensuring documentation of and adherence to donor intent.
- Develop and implement recommendations for donor recognition standards.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive proposal for donor stewardship and gift/grant administration.
- Develop and maintain basic knowledge of all major and principal gift donors to EDF.
- Forge strong working relationships with colleagues in Development, Finance, Programs, Marketing and Communications, and organizational leadership.
- Maintain working knowledge of best practices in donor stewardship and gift/grant administration across the non-profit community.
- Develop and help implement creative stewardship ideas.
- Make donor stewardship and gift/grant administration fun!
- At least 10 or more years of development experience, including direct experience in donor stewardship/relations and non-profit management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Experience developing donor strategies for major and principal gift donors.
- Experience working closely with major and principal gift officers.
- Knowledge of current trends in fundraising and non-profit management.
- Experience with gift/grant administration and non-profit finance.
- Experience with/strong interest in environmental issues preferred.
- A great deal of energy, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit; high level of comfort working in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive and optimistic attitude with a commitment to problem solving.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.