Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Environmental Defense Fund is hiring a Director of Digital Content, Development to design, execute and manage best-in-class content and campaigns that help persuade key donors and prospects to support EDF.
The ideal candidate will be able to draw from a sophisticated toolkit that includes execution of digital marketing campaigns, micro sites, email and video content. To drive success, the Director will work closely with the EDF Content and Brand team while serving as the main marketing liaison to the Development department.
Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Content, the Director will work closely with Development communications teams and donor managers to map content and marketing to the behaviors and networks of key donors and prospects. This person will have primary responsibility for campaign and content requests (primarily video and web) from the Development department.
- Plan, implement and project manage content, video and creative projects and campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with the Content and Brand team as well as outside vendors when needed.
- Work with EDF Performance Marketing to measure and analyze campaign metrics in real time, making on-the-fly adjustments to boost effectiveness. Make recommendations for more effective use of existing channels and/or identify new tools and channels; maximize results with limited resources.
- Partner with the Brand team to ensure external campaigns are on message and on brand.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the experiences fell connected, included and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications, print or video/web production.
- 10+ years of combined experience in individual and institutional fundraising, communications and related fields
- Passion for storytelling in all forms. Creativity welcome!
- Proven experience of video, web, print or graphic design production.
- Proven copywriting skills.
- Experience with project and client management: relentless attention to detail and organization.
- Excellent written and in-person communication skills.
- Experience with/commitment to helping teams work together at a high level of excellence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud a plus.
- Familiarity with the latest digital marketing/analytics tools.
- Passion for environmental progress is not required, but it will make the work more interesting.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
The ideal candidate is:
- A creative thinker, strategist, and doer with deep experience producing successful content and marketing campaigns.
- A proactive communicator and idea generator, full of collaborative energy and drive, who can build and manage multiple projects while delivering high-quality work on quick turnaround.
- Someone with a big picture, campaign-focused strategic sense and an up-to-date understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the latest digital tools.
- Someone with experience making research-based recommendations that marry audience insights and goals with deep knowledge of storytelling and digital distribution tools.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 125,000 - 135,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply