With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
Energy Program Overview
The goal of the EDF Energy Program is to bend the curve on greenhouse gas emissions from oil and gas production and use by 2030, while meeting the world’s energy needs cleanly and equitably. We are achieving this through a defined set of objectives targeted at 1) reducing emissions from oil and gas production, delivery, and use, and 2) reducing demand for oil and gas in power generation, transportation, buildings, and industry. To achieve our goal, we seek reforms in law, regulation, and/or business practice through a set of strategic corporate partnerships, direct engagement with policymakers, and mobilizing investor and public sentiment in favor of change. In achieving our objectives, we facilitate cutting-edge science, technical innovation, and rigorous economic and financial analysis to develop durable solutions.
The Digital Marketing Assistant is a vital member of the Energy Communications team, primarily supporting the implementation of key digital marketing strategies and execution of organic and paid promotions across a range of digital platforms. S/he will closely monitor online conversations and curate a content pipeline that will feed Energy digital channels with topical and intriguing posts, as well as analyze performance to drive increased engagement of EDF’s energy content on social media channels. This person will be part of a tight-knit team, reporting to the Senior Digital Marketing Specialist and work closely with communicators overseeing EDF’s methane, electrification and utility workstreams.
- Assist with development and execution of Energy program cross-channel digital marketing strategy (organic and paid social, search, display, retargeting)
- Develop a content stream to feed the Energy Exchange Twitter handle for all major campaigns.
- Write and schedule engaging copy for digital channels that will grow our audience and increase engagement.
- Find amplification opportunities to engage influencers and media through active social listening.
- Assist in planning, production and execution of paid Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook campaigns.
- Track and analyze performance of organic and paid social promotions and generate reports.
- Use digital insights to prompt idea generation and content planning for core Energy campaigns and help maintain editorial calendars.
- Follow digital marketing industry trends, research new tools, platforms or channels, and identify opportunities to deepen digital activity with target audiences and increase their engagement.
- Research audiences for key digital campaigns and help develop Energy marketing personas.
- Provide operational support for program experts’ or other EDF brand social media channels as appropriate.
- Take on special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 1-2 years’ experience in marketing, new media, journalism or public relations.
- Digital marketing or social media experience preferred.
- Excellent written communication skills, particularly for social media, ad copy and web.
- Ability to translate complex or nuanced content into concise, engaging copy for digital audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- In-depth knowledge of major digital marketing platforms, and ability to learn new tools quickly.
- Ability to plan and prioritize a varied workload, while maintaining an opportunistic approach to breaking news.
- Excels both as an independent contributor and as a collaborator on a team.
- Proactive self-starter with a strong ability to anticipate logistical needs, quickly resolve issues or conflicts, and to think ahead to meet the needs of staff for successful results.
- Strong research skills.
- Familiarity with digital and social media ad platforms (Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Familiarity with digital marketing management and analytics technologies (Hootsuite or similar, Google Analytics, WordPress, etc.).
- Interest in the non-profit sector, environmental issues, and media communications preferred.
- Multilingual is a plus.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply