With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The Digital Content Specialist ensures the timely and strategic planning and production of website content that advances the marketing and communications goals of EDF’s wide-ranging programs. This position reports to the manager of digital products and works closely with embedded communications staff to shape and create website content strategy, production, launch and analysis.
Job Location: Washington, D.C.
- Coordinate and execute the creation of effective website content that aligns communications goals with the overall site structure and design.
- Train and advise communications and program staff partners on the creation of effective website content.
- Independently produce and publish content that reflects our brand guidelines and digital best practices.
- Ensure the regular launch, maintenance and retirement of digital assets.
- Coach copywriters and write/edit effective copy that follows brand guidelines.
- Train and guide communications staff through the production process and ensure content follows guidelines and best practices.
- Ensure informed decision-making by supplying communications teams with actionable benchmarks, performance insights and best practices.
- Provide governance and front-line decision-making on page layouts, information design and content structure and convene necessary experts and stakeholders to resolve more complex questions.
- Provide/manage on-call website support on rotation with team members to deliver quality control assistance for digital team projects as-needed.
- Maintain and share all documentation throughout the production process.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Three or more years of digital production, content strategy or marketing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications or website design and development.
- Experience publishing through Drupal, WordPress or similar publishing platforms.
- Experience with basic tools of digital content production: HTML, CSS and dynamic content.
- Excellent written and in-person communication skills.
- Proven copywriting skills.
- Relentless attention to detail and organization.
- Knowledge of basics of user experience and usability.
- Knowledge of analytics, testing and optimization tools such as Google Analytics, CrazyEgg and Optimizely.
- Experience with commitment to helping teams work together at a high level of excellence.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Passion for environmental progress is not required, but it will make the work more interesting.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply