With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
EDF’s marketing team executes a wide range of digital projects to support EDF’s goals, from testing and optimizing single elements to building complex interactive websites. We’re a collaborative group committed to ongoing training, learning and experimentation to develop individually and as a team.
Your contribution as Digital Content Associate will be to ensure the timely and strategic execution of projects that bring EDF’s values, approach and mission to key audiences. This position reports to both the content and analytics teams to ensure coordination of day-to-day production, launch and analysis.
If you are a resourceful and flexible problem-solver who is passionate about helping teams work together at a high level of excellence, we’d love to hear from you.
- Produce and maintain website content for edf.org and associated properties, following house style and existing design/UX patterns.
- QA pages for content accuracy and completeness, accessibility, responsive behaviors, and cross-browser functionality. Troubleshoot HTML, CSS, and other front-end issues.
- Collaborate with colleagues on updates, new functionality, documentation, and other digital projects. Execute for coherent end-to-end user experience.
- Use analytics to track and report on user behavior. Research, analyze, and distribute periodic reports to colleagues. Propose ways to deepen user engagement through content and design.
- Train internal staff and freelance consultants on production and publishing tools and processes.
- Perform other related duties or special projects as directed.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- At least 2 years of experience in digital production or marketing experience at an Associate level required along with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field. If no degree, 4 or more years of experience required.
- Demonstrable experience in marketing, communications or website design and development. Experience with conducting in-person and virtual training. Excellent written and in-person communication skills.
- Relentless attention to detail and organization.
- Experience with the basic tools of digital content production: HTML, CSS and dynamic content.
- Knowledge of analytics and testing tools such as Google Analytics, CrazyEgg and Optimizely.
- Familiarity with basics of user experience patterns and content strategy.
- Commitment to helping teams work together at a high level of excellence.
- Passion for environmental progress is not required, but it will make the work more interesting.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with technical and nontechnical staff.
- Agile, detail-oriented approach to projects.
- Demonstrate self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply