With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
Location: New York, Washington, D.C.
This is a one year renewable fixed term contract.
The Digital & Communications Coordinator plays a significant role in the success of Environmental Defense Fund’s work with business by:
- Improving the efficiency and helping expand the reach of the EDF+Business Marketing Communications teams’ digital promotions, by executing a digital marketing strategy that spans specialty areas, topics, and geographies.
- Managing the team’s social platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, and the EDF+Business blog) and conducting regular, in-depth analysis of content and advertising performance on these platforms.
- Managing the EDF+Business website and the Supply Chain Solutions Center, and keeping these sites up to date, and tracking their performance.
- Supporting the EDF+Business Marketing and Communications team through research projects, management of the team’s editorial calendar, managing visual assets and our digital library, exploring thought leadership opportunities, and assisting with our EDF+Business Communications contracts with outside consultants.
- Lead implementation of digital marketing strategy for the EDF+Business website and social channels, as well as the Supply Chain Solutions Center.
- Coordinate planning and idea generation for optimizing digital efforts, including managing photo research and requests, and other digital assets.
- Ensure quality control of all content published on EDF+Business digital channels.
- Draft, execute, and analyze results of paid advertising campaigns on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Lead daily creation and scheduling of unpaid social media content, including proactively identifying and promoting relevant content.
- Analyze digital metrics from a variety of tools (Google analytics, Hoot Suite, TweetDeck, and more) and help synthesize results monthly, and to inform best practices.
- Research target audiences and identify best digital tools and tactics to reach them and deliver on campaign goals.
- Ensure the EDF+Business website and the Supply Chain Solutions Center are kept updated with the latest information, relevant content, and visuals.
- Manage relationships with contractors, to support the Supply Chain Solutions Center.
- Ensure cohesion between digital marketing and earned media strategies based on insights gained from quarterly earned media analyses.
- Carry out media and research projects for EDF+Business programs, as needed to support the team.
- Operate independently and report out on all assigned projects.
- Collaborate across multiple EDF programs and with communications teams.
- Help to manage EDF+Business Marcom contracts including submission of invoices, in coordination with program and finance staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or marketing; Master’s degree is a plus.
- A minimum of two years communications experience, preferably in a political or issue advocacy context.
- Proficiency with social media tools required.
- Proficiency in Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Internet required.
- Practical, real-world experience in environmental media and communications preferred.
- Basic graphic and web design experience preferred.
- Familiarity with cutting-edge communication and analytics technologies (i.e. Google analytics) and WordPress etc. preferred.
- Excellent writing, proofing and editing skills.
- Experience managing contractors (i.e. Web and graphic designers, communications consultants, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively under deadline pressure.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply