With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF seeks an experienced Digital Asset Librarian to improve the discoverability and access to our internal resources and help engage our members and partners by advising on the information architecture for our internal and public web sites.
Reporting to the Senior Director IT, Systems Architecture the candidate will work closely with staff across marketing, communications and IT to ensure our new digital asset management platform fulfills its potential to make our communication initiatives more effective and efficient. You’ll also ensure the useful organization of intranet resources and advise on metadata strategies to better integrate our external content across channels.
- Ensure the new digital asset management platform fulfills its potential to make EDF’s communications more effective and efficient by providing governance, training, documentation and advice.
- Improve the usability of our intranet in partnership with internal communications staff by ensuring the discovery, access and delivery of resources and assets meets user needs.
- Coordinate and manage the development and implementation of metadata schemas for EDF’s digital asset library, intranet and main website.
- Catalog, classify and review new library content as submitted.
- Provide information architecture guidance grounded in best practices, analytics and user research.
- Analyze digital analytics and user research to refine taxonomies as needed.
- Contribute to the design and maintenance of metadata and knowledge management solutions.
- Records Management (retention and archive policies)
- Manage the development and maintenance of the organization’s records management policies. (contracts, compliance, off site storage)
- Oversee Environmental Defense special collection housed at Stonybrook University.
- Project management and administration of EDF Project Spaces.
- Work with project teams to assess project space needs. Develop a plan for implementation and manage development and roll out of spaces.
- Oversee day to day administration and upkeep of Project Spaces
- Management of research sources and vendors such as Lexis/Nexis, Web of Science and Wealth Engine.
- Provide support to program research associates, centralize resources, identify best sources
- Management of EDF internal SharePoint portal
- Create Team sites and document libraries with simple workflows as requested by users.
- Assist in educating users on features and functionalities of SharePoint team sites.
- 4+ years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of related experience with an advanced degree in Library Science, Information Science, Information Management.
- Experience with taxonomy development. Familiarity with folksonomies and other meta data strategies
- Knowledge of standards, procedures and practices used for information lifecycle management
- Knowledge of records management and imaging systems
- Experience with asset management processes and systems.
- Experience with descriptive metadata standards and content management systems.
- Strong background with SharePoint 2013 / 2016; especially in creating and configuring team sites, simple workflows (using SP designer).
- Strong background in human-computer interaction or/and information architecture, including familiarity with common research techniques.
- Well organized and highly structured, with ability to give attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to work with colleagues in collaborative and team environments, as well as independently.
- Ability to train users on adopting technology solutions such as digital asset management systems and SharePoint. Ability to clarify questions
- Commitment to continuous learning and improving skills in all areas of digital applications.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply