With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
- Work closely with the Director of Donor Stewardship and Gift Administration to manage goal-related initiatives, ensure compliance with policies, monitor and report on metrics, manage workflows, create documentation and perform administrative tasks.
- Act as a liaison with development, program and finance colleagues to coordinate complex projects brought about due to process or procedural changes and technological upgrades.
- Communicate with vendors, stakeholders, and other interested parties.
- Ensure that project tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintenance of a complete library of donor stewardship and gift administration processes, procedures, policies, and guidelines.
- Manage the timely exchange of stewardship and gift administration information between program staff, development colleagues and others as it pertains to donor relations.
- Support donor stewardship and gift administration efforts as needed.
- Participate in department-wide initiatives, projects, meetings, retreats and events.
- 20% or less of travel is expected for this position.
Stewardship& Gift Administration:
- Create, maintain and improve donor stewardship and gift administration information in Salesforce (fundraising database).
- Create, run, and distribute reports to track and manage donor stewardship and gift administration initiatives.
- Produce quarterly and interim gift administration reports.
- Develop and implement workflow systems to enhance efficiency of donor stewardship and gift administration through use of internal tools and Salesforce.
Donor Acknowledgement & Recognition:
- Coordinate all aspects of donor acknowledgements, including pulling and editing of lists and ensuring acknowledgements are promptly noted in Salesforce.
- Draft a variety of written materials including correspondence to donors and new acknowledgement templates.
- Assist with donor recognition initiatives
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least 2 years relevant work experience or an advanced degree with 1 year of related experience.
- Experience with fundraising databases and report-writing software strongly preferred. Salesforce or Common Ground is a plus.
- Experience with project management software preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, self-starter attitude.
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced work environment — and ability to get up to speed quickly, solve problems independently, and juggle multiple assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Motivation to develop relationships and work collaboratively across the department and organization.
- Proficiency in the use of PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply