With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Membership Operations, the Development Coordinator is responsible for administrative and communications tasks for the Membership team within EDF’s Development department.
- Document standard operating procedures for the Membership department.
- Work with the data team to ensure priorities are reviewed and deadlines are met.
- Track and process invoices for the Membership department and serve as liaison with vendor billing departments to resolve payment issues.
- Track monthly expenses against budget.
- Lead the Membership team’s efforts to comply with joint cost allocation requirements.
- Set up and ensure new vendors have all necessary documentation to begin work with EDF.
- Work with the Membership team to develop mailplans for all direct mail campaigns.
- Schedule and coordinate campaign kick-off meetings for the department.
- Work with internal department and outside vendors to finalize end of campaign reports.
- Conduct administrative duties as needed including travel arrangements, expense reports, and meeting coordination for team’s leadership (Director to Vice President).
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least three years’ work experience, ideally on a fundraising or marketing team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word; experience with NetSuite preferred but not required.
- Crackerjack organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- A can-do, self-starter attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment —get up to speed quickly, solve problems independently, and juggle multiple assignments on deadline
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to develop relationships and work collaboratively across the department and the organization
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply