New York, NY
With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
Reporting to the Director, Donor Communications, the Development Coordinator is responsible for administrative, data-related and communications tasks for the Donor Communications, Events and Stewardship teams within EDF’s Development department.
- Maintain the Development project space and disseminate Donor Communications information to Development staff.
- Establish systems and procedures to capture and store relevant information in an easily accessible manner.
- Train Development colleagues in the use of the Development project space, troubleshooting problems and serve as a resource for staff.
- Manage the annual report donor listing process from creation, through review, to final publication.
- Coordinate distribution of the annual report to select individual and institutional donors.
- Develop and implement workflow systems to enhance efficiency of operations through use of project space tools and the fundraising database.
- Collect, document and track donor stewardship and grants administration deliverables for the organization’s top donors.
- Schedule meetings, make travel arrangements, process invoices, and complete expense reports for Donor Communications and Events teams.
- Schedule and coordinate program presentations for Development.
- Support Donor Communications writers as needed, for example with formatting, proofreading, tables and photo searches.
- Participate in department-wide initiatives, projects, meetings, retreats and other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate and send time-sensitive emails about breaking news to donors. This includes proofreading and managing distribution lists.
- Provide on-site assistance with event logistics, as required.
- Serve as back-up to the Events coordinator on managing distribution lists and processing RSVP data for donor events.
- Organize mailings (as needed) for department materials.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-4 years relevant work experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience with Microsoft SharePoint; demonstrated expertise in Excel required.
- Experience with fundraising databases and report-writing software strongly preferred.
- Strong proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced work environment; and ability to get up to speed quickly, solve problems independently, and juggle multiple assignments on deadline.
- Motivation to develop relationships and work collaboratively across the department and the organization.
- Experience with Common Ground database a plus.
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.