With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
Reporting to the Director of Planned Giving, the Development Coordinator is responsible for administrative, data-related and communications tasks for the Planned Giving within EDF’s Development department.
- Create, maintain and improve planned giving project space and donor database information
- Support the distribution of reports to track planned giving goals
- Coordinate all aspects of hard copy and electronic donor mailings, including pulling and editing of lists and ensuring mail content and campaign codes are promptly uploaded
- Create new templates for Planned Giving donor communications
- Assist in managing the annual report donor listing process from creation, through review, to final publication
- Handle mail and phone inquiries, including planned giving toll-free line, department email addresses, and Common Ground cases
- Track and process planned giving invoices
- Make travel arrangements and complete expense reports for Planned Giving team
- Participate in department-wide initiatives, projects, meetings, retreats and other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years’ work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; demonstrated expertise in Excel
- Experience with fundraising databases and report-writing software strongly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and PGCalc planned giving software preferred
- Crackerjack organizational skills and a can-do, self-starter attitude
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced work environment — and ability to get up to speed quickly, solve problems independently, and juggle multiple assignments on deadline
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Motivation to develop relationships and work collaboratively across the department and the organization
- Experience with Saleforce/Common Ground a plus
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply