With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Development Coordinator is responsible for administrative and communications tasks for the Membership and Catalyst Circle groups within EDF’s Development Department.
- Work in partnership with the Development Data Team to:
- Improve systems and procedures to capture and store relevant information in an easily accessible manner
- Develop and implement workflow systems to enhance efficiency of operations through use of workplace collaboration tools and the CRM system
- Support the development and production of acknowledgment letters for the Catalyst Circle program and assist in capturing those acknowledgements in the donor database
- Support the maintenance and hygiene of the Catalyst Circle donor records according to established protocol and assist in making address changes and other updates
- Track and process invoices as directed by the Membership team, and serve as a liaison with the vendor billing departments to resolve payment issues
- Work with the Membership and Catalyst Circle teams to exchange content with the rest of the Development Department
- Make travel arrangements and complete expense reports for Membership and Catalyst Circle team’s leadership (Director to Vice President)
- Schedule and coordinate team meetings and presentations for the department
- Participate in department-wide initiatives, projects, meetings, retreats and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least three years of work experience, ideally in a development setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Crackerjack organizational skills and a can-do, self-starter attitude
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced work environment and ability to get up to speed quickly, solve problems independently, and juggle multiple assignments on a deadline
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Motivation to develop relationships and work collaboratively across the department and the organization
- Experience with CRM systems preferred
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply