With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Development Communications, the Development Communications Coordinator runs systems to ensure that the Development team is efficient and effective in achieving the mission of the department. This includes coordinating information systems to ensure that materials are managed for most effective use, managing the team work plan for greater team efficiency, creating and coordinating emails to major donors, and administrative tasks to ensure smooth and high quality departmental operations. A successful coordinator brings project management, information management, nonprofit communications and administrative expertise to the development communications team.
This role can be based remotely or in any US EDF office location.
- Participate in department-wide initiatives, projects, meetings, retreats and other duties as assigned.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Manage the development communications work plan.
- Take responsibility for communicating time-sensitive breaking news to donors. This includes coordinating with program and communications staff, formatting email communications, proofreading and formatting text and managing distribution lists.
- Establish systems and procedures to capture and store materials in our project space.
- Work with the development communications team to problem-solve information management and use of the project space and fundraising database.
- Collect, document and track donor reports and proposals and other deliverables for the organization’s top donors.
- Support Development Communications writers as needed with drafting, proofreading and formatting text.
- Support Development Communications writers as needed with gathering content and formatting visual communications materials (photos, videos and illustrations).
- Schedule meetings, make travel arrangements, process invoices, and complete expense reports for the Development Communications team.
- Organize mailings (as needed) for department materials.
- Three years administrative work experience or a Bachelor’s Degree plus one year of administrative work experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects or information systems and working with document libraries and shared project space tools.
- Strong proofreading skills and an eye for visual communications.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, intermediate proficiency level using Excel, and experience with contact databases.
- Demonstrated ability to get up to speed quickly, solve problems independently, and juggle multiple assignments on deadline.
- Willingness to conduct work via teleconference, telephone, email and Slack.
- Demonstrated positive attitudes towards cultural differences in global geographies and skills for communication and interaction across cultures.
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced, mission-driven work environment.
- Experience with fundraising databases and fundraising report-writing software (Salesforce experience a plus).
- Motivation to develop relationships and work collaboratively with staff in offices and remote locations around the world..
- Demonstrated experience embracing and actively promoting an inclusive and equitable work environment.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply