With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
The Development Associate, Institutional Giving is responsible for providing proactive administrative and general clerical support to two to three team members of Institutional Giving (IG) staff. S/he will assist IG Officers in managing their donor portfolios, including supporting stewardship and cultivation processes through organizing meetings and performing a variety of data entry, record-keeping and clerical tasks. S/he will help ensure that team members and the department are well-organized and communicating smoothly, working with IG Officers and other staff to assess and meet administrative support needs. This position is based in San Francisco and reports to the Senior Foundations Officer.
- Provides top-notch administrative support including processing and tracking department correspondence; scheduling, attending and taking notes for internal meetings; scheduling supervisor’s and team members’ meetings and travel; and completing expense reports for IG Officers.
- Data management:
- Creates and maintains accurate and up-to-date donor records in online system
- Responsible for creating and populating entries for donor meetings, reports, proposals and other activity
- Generates reports for IG team and other staff, including income projections, lists of upcoming deadlines and donor lists
- Manages list pulling and distribution process for weekly mass mailings
- Proactive assistance with grant solicitations, reports and donor cultivation. Tasks include:
- Building or formatting documents and spreadsheets; proof reading correspondence, reports and spreadsheets
- Gathering supporting materials and assisting IG Officers with preparation of reports and proposals
- Liaising with program and finance staff on reports and proposals; managing timelines and internal review processes, and assisting with review of financial reports and other related forms to ensure accurate and timely submission of donor materials
- Grant acknowledgement and tracking:
- Manages receipt and processing of awards; leads expeditious distribution of award letters and grant agreements to IG Officers and appropriate program and finance staff; drafts acknowledgments and communicates with IG Officers for edits and final approval.
- Updates donor database in real time to reflect incoming gifts and acknowledgement
- Provide research assistance as needed
- Other administrative duties, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience
- At least two years’ experience working in a non-profit organization, with at least one year in development
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage time effectively, juggle multiple tasks and perform under deadlines
- Disciplined self-starter
- Team player
- Willingness to take responsibility for assigned work, seeing it through to completion
- Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience using development database(s) such as Salesforce and email software such as Outlook
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply