Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Climate Corps has ambitious plans to activate its large network of hosts, alumni, partners and external peer groups to advance sustainability. The North America network coordinator plays a critical role in the execution of network building activities in North America which now includes over 1,000 members and represents more than 80% of Climate Corps’ global alumni network.
In addition, they will directly engage with organizations by managing a portfolio of host relationships as well as participating in key programmatic processes. This position reports to the North American Network Manager.
Work Location- Hybrid Raleigh, Boston, New York, DC or Austin
- Contribute to the execution of network activities in the US, including, but not limited to the following activities
- Lead all North American regional and virtual networking events including logistics and communications to alumni and speakers, coordinating with Marcomm if necessary
- Support all alumni advisory board event logistics and communications
- Support all North American professional development event logistics and communications
- Contribute to the maintenance of the North American network & events budget, managed by the Network Manager
- Play a key role in the execution of the annual US Climate Corps program Summit, the program’s annual virtual conference
- Responsible for gathering and tracking all North American event data in Salesforce throughout the year
- Support the program’s annual alumni database and research projects through internet research to refresh the understanding of who is in the alumni network and how they are making impact
- Support the annual alumni/fellow mentorship program
- Manage 10 Climate Corps engagements, and deepen relationships with hosts throughout the year through relationship management processes
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- Manage and coordinate projects with interdisciplinary teams
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years of work experience, or master’s degree with 1 years of work experience.
- Strong project management skills including demonstrated ability to use independent judgement to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Good attention to detail and personal organization skills
- Comfort with Excel and performing basic data analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience, and ability to build strategic relationships
- Basic knowledge of the business implications of environmental issues
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a highly collaborative and geographically dispersed team in a fast-paced, dynamic, and professional environment
- Willingness to travel (10% of the time)
- Proficiency in the use of PCs, Microsoft Office suite, Google products, and familiarity with Salesforce.com (or equivalent CRM software). Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 56,000 - 64,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply