Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
EDF+Business has been working with the private sector to address the world’s most pressing environmental problems for over thirty years. Through our Net Zero Ambition and Action team we are working to get the leading global companies to have public net zero goals and transformation plans to achieve them; to share the lessons from their journey globally for other companies to learn from and act on; and to engage in systems change efforts like policy advocacy and finance to ensure a stable climate by midcentury. EDF+Business has a major new initiative to create a Net Zero Accelerator. The goal of the Accelerator is to help companies act now on climate change. It will enable key companies in key sectors and geographies to build and implement climate action plans through clear and actionable knowledge, tools and trainings, capacity-building and coaching.
Reporting to the Director, Net Zero Accelerator, the coordinator will play a key role in the development, expansion, and impact of the Net Zero Accelerator by contributing to the launch of the new website and its accompanying tools and resources and coordinating the logistics for Accelerator activities. Due to the nascent nature of the Accelerator, the Coordinator must be a team player who is willing to jump into projects as they develop and be able to pivot and prioritize as the work develops.
Work Location: Hybrid in any of the EDF offices Boston, New York, Austin, DC, Raliegh, or San Francisco
- Coordinate planning and event logistics for virtual and in person events, such as webinars, conferences, or trainings, ensuring the events are professional and appropriate for a corporate audience. Tasks may include scheduling meetings, communicating with speakers, tracking progress, writing run-of-shows, planning technology needs, organizing catering, securing event spaces, and running day-of logistics.
- Assist with the preparation of training and presentation materials, including reviewing materials and coordinating with speakers or external consultants.
- Contribute to the development of the Net Zero Accelerator website, including contributing to website updates, testing webpages, and assessing tools and resources for inclusion.
- Contribute to newsletters and thought leadership by identifying new content or stories.
- Track data and support the database management of the Accelerator activities, including tracking event participation and contact outreach in Salesforce, analyzing event feedback data, and coordinating with the CRM team on large email blasts.
- Create and manage an organizational system for the Net Zero Accelerator’s files, including developing a SharePoint site for the team in coordination with IT.
- Advance EDF Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice (DEIJ) goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental challenges we face. This includes fostering equitable systems and empowering diverse constituencies both internally and externally.
- Contribute to EDF’s broader Net Zero Ambition and Action workstream as needed.
The minimum qualifications for the position are:
Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years of work experience, or master’s degree with 1 year of work experience.
Strong project management skills including demonstrated ability to use independent judgement to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
Strong attention to detail and personal organization skills.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
An understanding of the business implications of environmental issues and net zero targets.
A flexible team player who can adjust to changes in workplans and projects.
An ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a geographically dispersed team in a fast-paced, dynamic, and professional environment.
Proficiency in the use of PCs, Microsoft Office suite, including comfort with Excel and ability to perform basic data analysis. Familiarity with Salesforce.com (or equivalent CRM software) is preferred.
Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Willingness to travel (10% of the time).
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 56,000 - 64,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply