Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Moms Clean Air Force is a community of more than one million moms and dads united by their passion for protecting our children’s health from air pollution and the urgent crisis of our changing climate. Our efforts are guided by the principle of “Justice in Every Breath,” which recognizes the importance of advancing equitable solutions that protect the well-being of all communities, especially those that have historically shouldered the greatest burden of air pollution and climate change.
Through an extensive network of state-based community organizers, Moms Clean Air Force works on local, state and national issues, supporting science-based regulations and policy that will pave the way to a healthier, clean energy future. Moms Clean Air Force members use various community engagement strategies to educate the public about key issues, motivate community action and hold lawmakers accountable for delivering the solutions we need most. We consider ourselves “Mompartisan,” working with decision-makers at every level of government and on both sides of the political aisle.
Moms Clean Air Force is a special project of the Environmental Defense Fund.
The Moms Clean Air Force Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating national and field activities to increase the visibility and effectiveness of the Moms Clean Air Force, with an emphasis on our work on Capitol Hill and in the DC Area. The Coordinator, Field Events will coordinate events, special projects, field campaigns, participate in strategic planning discussions and serve as an administrative backup for vendor payments, contracts and finances.
- Coordinate special projects, events and campaigns for the field program, with an emphasis on supporting dynamic Moms Clean Air Force events and outreach in the DC Area.
- Coordinate support staff, volunteers, speakers, materials, and all event logistics and communications around event planning. Assist with coordinating photography, live streams, and social media for events.
- Coordinate virtual and in-person presentations, webinars, panels, and other events.
- Conduct community outreach in the DMV area with a particular emphasis on supporting environmental justice communities and recruiting new Moms Clean Air Force members.
- Responsible for digital organizing and broadcasting events on social media platforms
- Plan and attend meetings with the responsibility of documenting, identifying and tracking key takeaways and next steps.
- Responsible for organizing online shared administrative resources.
- Manage the inventory and distribution of materials used in the field and at major national events.
- Assist with booking travel and handling logistics requests for conferences and meetings as needed.
- Serve as backup for administering contractual agreements, invoice processing, and vendor payments.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Additional relevant duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in related field or equivalent experience plus at least three years years of relevant experience.
- Basic knowledge of and interest in environmental issues.
- Demonstrated event planning and execution skills with a focus on successfully mobilizing volunteers and partners to turn out to events.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Exceptional organizational and record keeping skills with attention to detail.
- Strong digital skills with graphic design a plus.
- Proficient at broadcasting events on social media platforms; experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Creative Cloud preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Has independent judgment to make decisions on work activities, including identifying and recommending action steps.
- Demonstrated ability to help document in-person events by working with teammates on hiring/managing photography, videography, etc.
- Flexible and able to adapt to frequent change and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines.
- Capable of representing Moms Clean Air Force accurately and confidentially when addressing inquiries.
- Strong computer proficiency, including experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Docs.
- Demonstrate self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Occasional evening and weekend work.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 56,000 - 63,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply