Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Energy Transition Overview
The goal of EDF’s Energy Transition Team is to bend the curve on global greenhouse gas emissions from fossil fuel production and use by 2030, cleanly and equitably. We will achieve this through a defined set of strategies targeted at 1) reducing emissions from fossil fuel production, delivery, and use, and 2) reducing demand for fossil fuels in power generation, transportation, buildings, and industry. To achieve this goal, we seek reforms in law, regulation, and/or business practice through a mix of strategic corporate partnerships, direct engagement with policymakers, and mobilizing investor and public sentiment in favor of change. In formulating and achieving our strategies, we will work in close collaboration with EDF regions, draw on cutting-edge science and rigorous economic and financial analysis, and act on principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion to develop durable solutions.
The Program Coordinator, Energy Transition-Asia, provides vital mission and operational support for senior-level staff on EDF’s Energy Transition-Asia team. The Program Coordinator will work with staff to ensure project work is executed in a smooth, transparent, and impactful manner. This includes assisting with contract management and invoice processing, scheduling meetings, event planning and logistics, tracking donor deliverables and project objectives, conducting light research, and assisting with travel booking and expense reports.
This position interacts with team members and partners located in different time zones and countries, so the ability to work with people with different cultural backgrounds and experiences is required. The Program Coordinator proactively solves problems and independently troubleshoots and addresses issues that arise and possesses strong communication skills. This is a challenging role requiring advanced organizational and time management skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to respond to quickly shifting priorities. The Program Coordinator reports to the Manager, Program Operations.
- Provide overall support to the Energy Transition-Asia team’s processes and operational activities.
- Administer domestic and international contracts for consultants, including assistance in writing and processing contracts and working with program staff and consultants to ensure the fulfillment of contractual obligations and timely submission of invoices.
- Work with program staff and finance staff to track project expenses.
- Conduct the administrative processes of the team, which include expense reports, budget maintenance and invoice processing. Follow through with finance staff to ensure payments are made and consultants apprised.
- Ensure alignment between EDF Asia operation, EDF HQ, and Energy Transition mission area on administrative and budgetary issues, liaising with key staff across the organization.
- Provide scheduling, meeting logistics support, and assist with travel arrangements for senior staff (including travel authorization, business visa, and other travel document requirements).
- Track donor deliverables and help coordinate and prepare presentations and reports.
- Coordinate activities and projects for the team and prepare correspondence and reports as needed.
- Conduct light research on Asia energy policies and industry trends and create summary briefings on relevant and timely topics.
- Collaborate with colleagues in different regions and functions, work effectively across different time zones.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Additional relevant responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and get work done under pressure.
- Experience with budgeting, accounting and/or bookkeeping.
- Excellent project management and administration skills including schedule and travel management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work as a strong team player and independently as a self-starter.
- Ability to manage and prioritize diverse, simultaneous tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface well with all programs/departments in the organization and to represent the team in a highly professional manner.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Proficiency in the use of PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint), experience with project management platforms a plus.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate work in different time zones, as needed.
- Interest in environmental advocacy, energy policy, and knowledge of Asian cultures is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a major Asian language is preferred.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 56,000 - 63,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply