With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
Reporting directly to the Compliance Manager, EDF seeks a Compliance Analyst to join our Legal & Compliance team. Strong organizational and communication skills are essential. The ideal candidate has two years’ relevant experience, is detail orientated, communicates clearly while working independently, exercises good judgement and effectively prioritizes their workload. This role will also interact with members of the Finance department on a consistent basis.
- Conduct research and analyze compliance sources to prepare documentation for regulatory inquires and filings.
- Communicate internally with all levels of management and staff, and externally with government offices with respect to registrations, applications, reports and other compliance related matters.
- Draft and prepare written communication, correspondence, reports and presentations.
- Handle in-office support, as needed (i.e., copying, faxing, filing, on-line invoice preparation, AMEX lobby activity tracking, reports and spreadsheets, state registration filings, and mailings).
- Provide assistance with documentation requirements for corporate business registrations, state solicitation license renewals, federal fund-raising campaigns and lobby disclosure filings.
- Collect corporate governance documentation for exempt status applications.
- Assist with activity timesheet reports and follow-up.
- Assist with vendor due diligence and set up process.
- As instructed, follow-up with respect to status of registrations, applications, etc.
- Ensure smooth logistics for onsite and offsite meetings (conference room reservations, rsvp’s, meal planning, preparation, and execution).
- Create and maintain well-organized and accessible paper / electronic files.
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. Paralegal experience is a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and work under pressure.
- Meticulous attention to detail, accuracy with numbers, and organizational abilities.
- Displays initiative and works independently to solve problems in an efficient and effective manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with all levels of staff as well as external counterparts. Ability to interface with poise and diplomacy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience drafting, proofreading and editing correspondence, documents, reports, and presentations.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and meet deadlines in a busy compliance environment.
- Flexibility to work in a team setting, and also work independently in accordance with routine practices and procedures.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office Outlook, Word, and Excel with a willingness and ability to adapt and learn.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply