Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Support the Total Rewards team in determining short- and long-term strategies for compensation and benefits programs to ensure market competitiveness in the European Region. The Compensation and Benefits Manager will apply their expertise in the analysis and administration of employer compensation programs to gather market data, recommend pay decisions, and educate employees on our compensation philosophy. They will collaborate closely with the global team to develop equitable benefit programs across the European countries where Environmental Defense Fund operates. The manager will recommend ways to improve communication, documentation, and establish metrics for the compensation team.
The Compensation and Benefits Manager will report directly to the Associate Vice President, Global Total Rewards and HRIS based in the U.S. and have a dotted line to the Human Resources Business Partner for Europe.
- Provide support in the analysis, development, design, communication, and implementation of global benefits, including benefits structure, cost analysis, and renewals
- Liaise with third party vendors and industry related partners to provide relevant regional benchmarking and strategic proposals for policies
- Prepare data for benefits and salary surveys to support the ongoing improvement of organization total rewards programs and objectives
- Support global HR Business Partners and relevant stakeholders for benefits set up, as well as pay decisions for new hires and promotions; manage triggers and processes related to hire and termination including new hires benefit enrollment and benefits termination
- Maintain firm knowledge of local laborlaws and regulations; keep current on compliance and legislative changes related to compensation and benefits
- Research and evaluate benefit programs and policies and stay up to date on trends and best practice initiatives
- Update documentation of Compensation and Benefits policies and practices and assist with general employee inquiries
- Assist Merit Cycle initiatives with data analytics and data quality checks
- Partner with benefits team in planning and coordinating global wellness initiatives and strategy
- Participates in advancing Environmental Defense Fund DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with Environmental Defense Fund values
Qualifications and Experience
- 6 years’ experience in global compensation and benefits administration
- Bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree with at least 4 years’ relevant experience
- Firm understanding of total rewards procedures for Belgium, U.K., Netherlands, Germany, and Spain
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, written and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy amount multiple systems and documents
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to identify and evaluate solutions
- Ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, work well under pressure and remain flexible in an evolving environment with a positive attitude
- Proficiency in Excel and knowledge of HRIS preferred (Workday a plus)
- Proficient with compensation research and data analysis and external market data analysis
- Good judgment to manage sensitive and confidential matters and data
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures, backgrounds, and time zones
- Interest in environment advocacy
Location: Brussels, London, or Amsterdam
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 65,000 - 72,000 EUR which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply