With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
- Develop and maintain a position description library for all filled and open positions in the organization. Collaborate with HR team and reach out to managers as needed to improve or update existing descriptions.
- Support Merit Cycle initiatives with data analytics and data quality checks.
- Ad hoc compensation reporting to support information requests.
- Prepare company data for salary surveys to support the ongoing improvement of organization compensation programs and objectives.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to support company compliance.
- Review jobs for FLSA testing and compliance initiatives.
- Additional projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance, Math, Accounting).
- CCP or similar certification.
- 2+ years work experience in Compensation.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Very strong Excel skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Word, PowerPoint, and HRIS systems.
- Experience with Workday preferred.
- Exposure to international compensation.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient with compensation research and data analysis and external market data analysis.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage confidential data.
- Knowledge of HR-related laws and regulations (FLSA).
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply