With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The Client Operations Associate, will be based in EDF’s New York office, and will help perform the initial assessment for support requests. They will field requests via phone and email, as well as assist with laptop imaging, deployment, and inventory.
Tier-One end-user support responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide level one support via phone, web portal, email and chat.
- Escalate and assign tickets to appropriate specialists/groups
- Laptop imaging and deployment
- Active Directory and Exchange 365 password resets
- Basic mobile device and telecom support
- Network and printer mappings
- Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
- Remote control of end user laptop or desktop for administrative services
- Application rollout support
- High school diploma, plus technical courses or equivalent experience or B.S. Degree in Computer Sciences or related field
- Knowledge of basic computer and mobile hardware, including PC, Mac, iPhones, Androids, networking equipment, and printers
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10, macOS, iOS, MS Office 2016/365 Suite
- General understanding of mobile devices
- Knowledge of VOIP telephony system
- Ability to swap parts from PC, Laptop, and Servers
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and can adhere to deadlines
- Excellent written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening, and questioning skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply